Support of Research Budgets at NSF and NIH
The ASA actively supports the budgets for NSF and NIH through many channels, including work with other stakeholders, the ASA Board, and others:
- The many letters ASA has organized, signed and/or sent on these topics.
- Active participation in the Coalition for National Science Funding (CNSF) and the CNSF Annual CNSF Capitol Hill Exhibition: Making the Case for the National Science Foundation, ASA Participates in Capitol Hill Event Supporting NSF, Congress Views Results of NSF-Funded Research Projects
- Active involvement in Ad Hoc Group for Medical Research, a coalition that support the NIH budget.
- Amstat News articles on NSF and NIH: FY13 Budget Request: Flat Funding to Significant Increases for NIH, NSF, Statistical Agencies, NSF Director Recognizes Importance of Statistics, A Note from the Director, Division of Mathematical Sciences at NSF.
- Blog entries at the ASA Community on NSF and NIH (e.g., FY13 NSF and NIH Budget Developments, FY13 NSF and NIH Budget Request, NSF announces plans to "address the best ways to support statistical sciences at NSF and in our communities")