Stats for Staffers
Bringing Statistics to Congressional staff to help them do their jobs better.
Stats for Staffers is held in conjunction with the Senate Office of Education and Training in a series they call "Critical Statistical Thinking." The first Stats for Staffers was held on April 27 in the Kennedy Caucus Room of the Russell Senate Office Building (see photo.)
- "Seeing Through Statistical Studies," Bonnie LaFleur, Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. April 4, 2013. Announcement, Slides.
- "Surveys and Polls: What contributes to quality and cost?," Michael Larsen, George Washington University, October 10, 2012. Announcement, Slides.
- "Regression Analysis," Michael Costello, RTI International, September 24, 2012. Announcement, Slides.
- "Connecting the Dots: Statistics, Causality, and Policy," Frank Yoon, Mathematica Policy Research, September 14, 2012. Announcement, Slides.
- "Seeing Through Statistical Studies," Jessica Utts, University of California, Irvine, June 21, 2012. Announcement, Slides.
- "How Sound are the Data?" Mary Foulkes, George Washington University, April 27, 2012. Announcement, Slides, June Amstat News article.
- "Spatial Data: statistics in mapping," Lance Waller, Emory University, Date tbd.
- "Supporting decisions with data: thinking about risk, uncertainty and variability", John Bailer, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, Date tbd.
Please contact Steve Pierson with questions or any suggestions future Stats for Staffer courses.