January 17, 2014
Computer Technology Workshop (CTW) proposals are due for consideration for the 2014 program
December 3, 2013 - February 3, 2014
Online submission of abstracts (invited poster, regular and topic contributed abstracts)
March 31 - April 17, 2014
Online Abstract Editing Open
May 1, 2014
Registration & Housing Open
May 12, 2014
Draft Manuscript Deadline
May 29, 2014
Early Registration Deadline
May 30 - July 1, 2014
Regular Registration (increased fees apply)
July 2, 2014
July 2 - July 17, 2014
Late Registration (increased fees apply)
Program > Topic-Contributed Sessions
A topic-contributed session is planned in advance, by one or more organizers and includes speakers presenting on a shared common topic. Organizers of topic-contributed sessions must coordinate their efforts through the JSM Program Committee members. Please note, not all proposed sessions will be accepted on the program. Organizers will be notified of the status of the proposed session by January 20, 2014.
We encourage the design and proposed topic-contributed sessions that reflect passion in statistics and related fields. Topic-Contributed sessions can be in the form of:
- Papers: Five participants (at least 3 paper presenters and a maximum of 2 discussants)
- Panels: Three to six members providing commentary or a point of view on the panel topic.
Note: The required number of participants listed above does not include the session chair.
Steps in Developing a Topic-Contributed Session:
- Develop your idea and a list of speakers who agree to present on a common topic.
- Submit your idea online between December 3, 2013 and January 15, 2014.
- Receive approval from a member of the JSM program committee.
- All speakers must submit individual abstracts during the regular JSM abstract submission process (December 3, 2013 - February 3, 2014) using the 6-digit session ID. (Please note, all speakers will be required to register for JSM prior to abstract submission.)
No participant can serve as a presenting author in more than one session, so please talk to potential presenting authors early.
Topic-Contributed Session Proposal Submission
Opens: December 3, 2013
Deadline: January 15, 2014
To submit your session proposal, you will need the following information:
- Session Type (Topic-Contributed).
- Session Sub Type (Paper or Panel).
- Primary Sponsor (ASA Committee, ASA Section, Sponsoring Society, ASA Journal). A pull-down screen with a pre-approved list is provided online.
- Session title.
- Session Description. Please include the following information: short description of session, including focus, content, timeliness and appeal, list of Topic-Contributed speakers/panelists, tentative title for each presentation and the session format (e.g., chair, 3 speakers and discussant). Individual abstracts will be required by February 3, 2014, if the proposed session is approved.
- Session chair, including affiliation, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Discussant (if any), including affiliation, address, telephone number and e-mail address.